Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Triptych Art345



The main idea for this triptych project is everyday life. I used different scenes that happen in my everyday life. I wanted the two outside videos to be more complicated than the one in the middle. The hands represent how much we have to do in one day and how busy they always are. Whether it is driving, washing hands, writing, or tying on a computer. The video in the middle was to represent how life is passing by quickly and there isn't a way to stop it. The bench keeps swinging while everything else is going on. Video 1 and 3 have everyday actions that go non-stop and life keeps going on. Even the simple things in life that we all have to do take up time. I wanted the audio to be very simple. All the sounds are what was happening in the videos. You can hear the pen tapping and the typing and washing hands. While the outside two videos speed up more and more, the middle video slows down. I wanted it to seem like all the things that I put in this video go by fast and are almost meaningless to use. Washing hands doesn't stay in your brain after you do it or what letters you typed on a keyboard. I think the videos were quite successful. What would have made it more successful would be making the video longer and drawn out. Everything could have been more exaggerated then I made it. When I showed the video to the class I set it up that each video was playing right next to each other. If I didn't do this the person watching would not be able to tell that the outside two videos were speeding up and the other was slowing down. The audio that was used was the original sounds from what the videos were. I did not want to mess with the audio because I wanted it to be pretty simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment